I’ve adapted a fair amount since this September 2014 post http://theinsurancebill.com/?p=418
But, maybe reinforced my thoughts is a better way of thinking about it.
- I define winning, no one else
- I compete against myself, no one else
- Anyone interested in purely defining me or my company by numbers only isn’t going to get very far with me
- Context around numbers is really important
- Many of the metrics, KPI’s, etc. used in insurance are flawed. And generally not going to work for the next decade and beyond