But it is in disguise. See, everything can be classified as marketing or in it’s subcategory branding. This post, even this post from November 2011 updated in 2015
I could use words to rewrite the same things today and it would be valid, and also useless. So, let us use words differently and simply make a different point based on the same thing.
- Your rate increases allow us to build our brand stronger while weakening yours
- Your rate increases prove that you have no faith in your actuaries and your distribution methods. Could even say a lack of faith in your capital investment strategy
- Your rate increases show a complete lack of understanding of how word of mouth works. It’s been publicized many times and, although I think it is tough to prove, negative news travels faster. This is a societal flaw.
- Net Promoter Score is a useless measurement created by professors and marketers. Here is a simpler measure; If you have 1000 customers, are you receiving at least 500 referrals a year? Simple, shouldn’t half your customers think enough of you to share you with friends?
- Still firmly believe that one of if not the biggest and boldest marketing moves is to freeze rates for 12, better to do 24 months, and advertise the heck out of that. You’ll simultaneously prove that price optimization is awesome when used correctly and add huge amounts to your top and bottom line.
Oh, and I have been operating this way, mostly successfully, for 8 years. Sure, some of this is theory, but most are already in practice.