Dear Big National Insurance company who I want to bring more business to;
We have had a nice relationship so far and I think we both like each other. I’m confused though, some days it seems like you just don’t want my business. Now I understand you won’t want everyone but I am still left disappointed. See we know each other pretty well, I have a nice understanding of who you want to be insured but somewhere in there, something is not working.
It’s not you, it’s me?
Not so sure but I really would like to do more with you. You are nice, your people are nice, you take care of our new mutual friends. What’s not to like? Well, I came up with a list, in no particular order;
- Please, please, please if you are going to look at an insurance score, which is fine by me, please look at both people I put in. I’ll be able to bring you more people, they’ll be happier when they arrive and your pricing will be more accurate. Heck, they’ll be more likely to stay as well.
- Along those lines, our new friends are the key to all this. You know, for lots of us, it is very important to set up the auto and home policy with one company. So why is it that you’ll give them the very best rate for auto insurance and a very poor rate for home insurance? Yes, I know, supposedly homes are different, the age of roof, protection class, blah, blah, blah. Good people, like you and me, are good people. Help me bring you more of them.
- One of my other “friends”, sorry monogamy is not good business when it comes to being an insurance broker, helps save me time with every quote. One way is to simply have the code in your quotes for EVERY bank that someone may have a car or home loan with.
- Knowing the right protection class is critical to your home rates. Why would you not pull this automatically? I know we both have lots of relationships. Let’s face it, some of your partners may be misusing this flaw of yours.
- Do you know how much housing data is available? More than I ever thought possible. The moment I give you our friends address you can pull it all for us. Saves us both time, makes things more accurate.
- Following up on that; when was the last time you checked the accuracy of the replacement cost evaluator you use? Try this, look up new(er) homes in your neighborhood or nearby. Take those details and see what you come up with. Could be surprising. Based on a lot of your calculations it seems like every new home being built and sold is sold at a loss.
- No matter what, I try and make it easy for people to give me money. Maybe you could as well? I’m sure the people at Am** or Di****** are not that bad. Please try and figure out how to take their cards. Our friends want to use them so let us help them. Oh and PayPal. Wow, it would be awesome and open a whole new market for us if you could do that.
Thanks so much. Glad you are such a good listener. We’ll have a much better relationship if we both keep working on improving ourselves. I really want to make this work.
With lots of admiration,
Billy Van Jura