**GEARED towards brokers/agents, feel free to read on regardless of who we are**
1. So if you have a customer and the service/product you are providing has not improved but you are now charging more for it, is this right?
2. So last year you had 100 customers to start and ended the year with say 120. BUT 30 of those are completely new because you lost 10 of those you started with. Is this good? Why did you lose them? Was this avoidable?
3. Do you really need to have a fancy website with blogs, tweets, news articles, etc? Well did your customer ask for it? Are the articles actually articles that people want? What is the purpose of the articles?
4. Think about this, the key to all business is building a group of humans who likes you enough to give you money. Pretty simple. Step two is keep them happy enough to continue to pay you. The problem here then becomes why isn’t step three or step one and a half to make sure you are good enough that these people want to share you. Instead you spend time and money to find new people and not doing all you can for your current people?
5. Is it really bad to not grow your customer base but increase the revenue per household? Yes, if you charge more but do not bring any more value. Instead become more efficient.
6. How many entities are in a transaction? In our case it is agent, consumer and company. Can you make it better for all them? YES and it is easy
7. Tough to balance the responsibility but the reality, as I see it, is this; First you are responsible to yourself and your morals, then you can list in family, your god, etc but when it comes to business I think you really need to look at your customer first since without there money there is no transaction.
8. When it comes to companies, if they are not willing to keep up with the life we are in and the technology then maybe you need to stop working with them.
9. I’ve found that even though you may have 20 or more options when it comes to companies to work with, if your customers fit a certain demographic you can have a 70+% closing ratio with five options. And remember, for at least the foreseeable future the companies really need you.
10. The future is now and I just heard about it. May take a little bit to take hold but so does any new awesome thing.