So you,I and most households in america are inundated with not so good “advertising” in our mailboxes on a daily basis. This is also called “Junk Mail” and if it was electronic is called
So this showed up yesterday;
and I want to break it down a bit. Since somebody killed a tree and likely did not use recycled content/paper
* If they did this is another failure of the piece; not mentioning something worth mentioning*
so the least we can do is provide it with some feedback.
1. It was sent by an agent who has been in business well over 10 years. If just starting out, canvasing a neighborhood is not so bad. If you have an existing client base, this kind of blind mailing proves how little you have kept up with the world.
2. If you need to include fine print in an offer(see the bottom, in orange) maybe your offer is to complicated or fraudulent or sort of like bait and switch? Don’t give me the legal excuse, make it simple.
3. Seriously, is enticing someone with an artificially low rate still something people do? Apparently it is. Sad. DO BETTER. I do not know anyone who enjoys being deceived or discovering a “catch” once the engage you.
4. Oh and by the way, why are you still offering $300,000 in liability? Seriously, read my note above, get with the times and offer $500,000. Come on, does the agent who have this only have $300,000? I hope not.
Bottom line, soliciting business by mail is alive and well.
Soliciting business by mail with boring, antiquated, unimaginative, dated, sort-of-fraudulent, non-value-adding pieces is dead.
Just some thoughts.