Seriously has anyone ever paid for an insurance quote? I mean would you actually call a 1-800 number and pay for an auto insurance quote NO. Why the heck would you, you are in control. Without you these companies have no chance of survival so I cannot even imagine a day when you will have to pay for an auto insurance quote.
But despite this I would love to hear from anyone that can go a week without hearing an ad touting “get a free quote.” Where might you see this offer;
- In a mailing, could be a postcard could be an awful generic letter. Might even have a fake credit card.
- On the radio; satellite or terrestrial there is no escaping
- It has even gotten to my new friend Pandora
- Those awful newspaper inserts that show up over the weekend
- On a billboard
- On a t.v. commercial
- In a banner ad on any website
And the list can keep going. The key here is that even though your quote is free it cost a chunk of money to get you call in for a quote. So I think to myself what if they spent all that money to actually keep their rates consistent? What if they gave back a dividend? What if they actually spent some money educating the customer versus just trying to get them to call for a quote?
Don’t hold your breath none of these suggestions are likely to occur. Either way, enjoy your “free” quote with some caution.
Just some ideas, thanks for reading.